13 March 2008

I guess there was another one...

he could use.  So, did ya hear about the woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for so long, she got stuck to it?  Even to a surgeon, it's a little nauseating.  

I tried to find the corresponding medical info, but I'm sure it was pretty straightforward--debride and resect, for now.  I would probably place a wound VAC, and finish off with a nice flap.  I doubt you have to do anything fancy like tissue expanders.  The skin here is pretty stretchy.  Then again, I am kind of assuming that, to get stuck, she probably has some to give in the first place.  


It really is mind boggling.  She was there FOR TWO YEARS!!  I suppose there was another toilet in the house, or he would have been more adamant about getting her out.  But can you imagine it?  Eating, sleeping, LIVING on a toilet for TWO YEARS?!  I guess she's not working... don't let me get started on that.  She's in her 30s, 'nuf said.  And the fact that he entertained the idea... "Come out, honey."  The reply?:  "No, not today, maybe tomorrow."  (Because I'm stuck, you moron...No, really, I'm STUCK!!  But it's OK, I'll just hang out here.  The shower curtain's kinda purty...)  Really, it's very sad.  Maybe that's why it's so nauseating.  two years...


1 comment:

DrB said...

addendum: Apparently, the woman was a 'thin, petite, woman.' Still, the skin here is quite stretchable, and the defect, although I imagine it will be large, will not be impossible to close.