11 July 2010

great summer dinner

My guy made a fantastic dinner last night that I wanted to share with you. It is light, summery, delicious and versatile... I think you should make it today!!

you need:
1/2 medium head of cabbage--shredded*
3 large carrots--shredded
1/2 medium onion--chopped
1 small apple**--shredded
6 oz water-packed tuna, drained
6 oz water-packed crab, drained (we used Trader Joe's--great quality)
glug or two of balsamic vinegar
salt to taste

* easiest way to shred cabbage is with a good bread knife, I have found. then again, I do not have a mandolin...hmmm, used to, now that I think of it, wonder where it is...
** my guy used a red fuji--he wanted some sweetness, and it was what was in the fruit bowl. I think that a granny smith +/- some raisins would have been equally awesome

you make:

So easy, just dump everything into a large bowl and mix--add salt as needed.

You can have this as a salad--with tomatoes on a bed of lettuce (personally, I think that tomatoes go phenomenally with fish), on a sandwich, in a crepe, in an omelet... next to some brown rice, or a sweet potato. Let your imagination go wild. This makes quite a bit, so get creative!!

Enjoy!!

No comments: